Thursday, September 16, 2010

Southern Idaho

OK, how freaking beautiful is Southern Idaho? This is an iPhone photo, for goodness' sake.

IMG_0856

I had no idea when I visited the state for the first time mid-September 2010. My home base was Twin Falls, a lovely city unto itself. For instance, witness the breathtaking Perrine Bridge. People actually jump off this thing for fun:

IMG_0796

But I nearly ran off the road each time I ventured beyond city limits into the stunning, bizarre and beautiful wilderness.

IMG_0776

Seriously, Southern Idaho is like walking on the moon. The landscapes are simply indescribable.

IMG_0881

There's also a lot of great local food in the area. A day trip to Buhl, Idaho, resulted in some fantastic ice cream from Cloverleaf Creamery.

IMG_0832

And in Twin Falls proper, the upstart cafe Local Dish Market takes the homegrown concept very seriously, sourcing all their produce, meats and dairy from the local region. My lunch there was among the best meals I've had lately.

IMG_0811

I can't wait to go back to eat more, hike more, drive more and maybe get up enough courage to jump off that bridge!

No comments:

Post a Comment