Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Fort Worth

I haven't had a lot of experience in Texas yet, but so far I think I'm in love. I went to Fort Worth for work in early October and had a ball.

IMG_0970

Great weather, great food, super-friendly people, and a smart, cosmopolitan city with a surefire sense of fun--what else could you want?

Oh yeah, to-die-for Mexican food and maybe a margarita or two (margarita not pictured but definitely sampled)!

IMG_0982

A standout feature of the city was the hushed, beautiful Cultural District, home to no fewer than 7 museums and cultural attractions. (Pro tip: Don't try to visit them all in a day like we did. Sore feet will ensue.)


IMG_1015

I particularly loved The Modern Art Museum of Fort Worth, with its stark, naturalistic architecture and though-provoking pieces. We were lucky enough to get a private tour as we shot some video.

IMG_0996

We also spent some time in the charming and tourist-friendly Stockyard District, which hews to Fort Worth's historic roots as a cattle trading post.

IMG_0966

I wish we had had more time to explore the downtown area, which has some amazing architecture in its own right and will be the home base for ESPN during the 2010 Super Bowl.

IMG_0980

But I have a feeling I'm going to return to this fun, vibrant and sophisticated city--hopefully soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment